Timbo and AG are at it again! In this episode – the 9th instalment of Funny Business – marketing speaker Tim Reid and best-selling business author Andrew Griffiths discuss how old school marketing tactics still have a big place in small business, the current state of social media, and some great resources for growing your business.
Plus, how pop up shops are changing retail, a great (non-pushy) way to start the sales conversation with your customers, and loads more marketing goodness!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- Is social media going away any time soon?
- Different strategies for social platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Using LinkedIn Groups to create and participate in engaging discussions
- The importance of headlines in being noticed
- How popup stores are changing the face of retail by giving the little guy a chance to compete
- Springwise – a great online resource for finding new ideas for your business
- How to implement a follow up process and stay top of mind so your customers keep coming back
- How asking questions and educating your customers is a great way to start the sales conversation
- Swiftly.com for helping you get design work done quickly and affordably
- The club you really DON’T want to be a member of
- PLUS, Tim has a mini-rant about a very popular “mummy blogger’s” social media strategy!
- 5.15 – Social media for small business marketing
- 8.00 – Mamamia’s social media strategy
- 13.35 – Popup stores and how they’re redefining retail
- 16.50 – Swiftly.com: A new idea for getting design changes made quickly and simply
- 20.10 – Being chased as a consumer – the art of follow up and how your best customers are existing customers
- 26.30 – Engaging your customers by asking questions and educating them about your products and services
- 30.45 – Netregistry’s keyword research & strategy service for small business SEO made easy
- 35.00 – How the movie Anchorman 2 is using clever marketing and newsjacking its way to being one of the biggest movies ever
- 37.00 – Andrew talks about how the quality of your audience is more important than the size
- 40.30 – Is there still a place for old school marketing tactics?
- 47.00 – A club that you really don’t want to be a member of…
- 55.45 – Listener reviews
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Mamamia Facebook page
- Netregistry keyword research service
- Swiftly – Minor design changes, quick
- Join the Small Business Big Marketing community
Did you enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode and how you’re using old school marketing tactics in the comments section below.