Is your business just earning you a wage? Do you feel like you’re trapped in a “job”, when you thought you’d be running the business of your dreams? That was how Glenn Walton’s Brisbane arbory business was until he took over from his dad. But Glenn made some smart marketing moves that grew his website traffic by 860% and saved $30,000 per year on marketing.
Many small business owners find themselves in a situation where their dream business has become a “60-hour grind” instead of the liberating, stimulating life choice they thought they were taking on. If you feel like you’re stuck in your business and need to get some traction, then listen in to my chat with Glenn Walton, owner of Brisbane Tree Experts. Glenn shares how he took his traditional family arborist business and turned it into the thriving enterprise it is today.
Glenn now has six full-time employees and can focus his efforts on what he does best – growing and running the business – leaving the day to day tasks to his team. Glenn reveals the simple marketing strategies he’s using to grow his business exponentially.
PLUS, I give Qantas some free marketing advice, but is it too late?!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- The strategy Glenn introduced that saved $30K per year in marketing costs
- How Glenn increased his web traffic by 860% in very little time
- The simple change Glenn made to his business website that dramatically increased conversions
- Understanding your customers’ buying cycle and taking full advantage by having automated reminders
- How to use an educational e-book to build trust, stay top of mind, and educate your customers
- The best way to structure your website so you’re easier to find on Google
- The importance of clear calls to action on your website (it’s amazing how many people are getting this wrong)
- How much time each week you should spend on marketing your small business
- PLUS Tim gives Qantas a few marketing tips, but is it too late?
- 1.00 Timbo gives Qantas some tips
- 7.45 Introducing Glenn Walton, owner of Brisbane Tree Experts
- 15.00 Glenn talks about his relationship with is dad and their difference in mindset
- 21.30 Glenn’s key learning from going into business with his dad
- 23.00 The marketing strategies and tactics that Glenn used to grow the business
- 31.00 How Glenn saved $30K on traditional marketing
- 40.00 How many hours per week Glenn spends on marketing
- 44.00 Tim’s top 3 take-aways from this episode
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Glenn’s Brisbane Tree Experts website
- Sign-Up.To email and SMS marketing
- 5 marketing ideas to save Qantas
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Did you enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below about how you’re turning your business into something more than just a wage. I personally read and respond to all comments!