What can you learn about business from a camel wrangler? Quite a lot, as it turns out! This episode is all about “big picture” business strategy and how to overcome fear to create the business of your dreams. So listen in as I chat with English lecturer turned outback entrepreneur, Russell Osborne. After a personal tragedy shook Russell’s life to its core, he set out to achieve a bloody big goal that dominated his career as well as his personal life. How did he do it? What did he learn? Tune in to today’s episode to find out, as Russell takes us on a journey across outback Australia that delves into overcoming depression, designing your ideal life, and visualising your goals to make them a reality.
PLUS, in this episode I have a rant about the little things you absolutely MUST be doing in your business just to stay in the game. And I hit Russell with so many camel jokes there are even ones he hasn’t heard!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- What Russell sees as being the number one thing stopping small business owners achieve their goals
- Why focusing on money is the worst thing you can focus on and where you should put your energy instead
- How to use mental visualisation to achieve your business (and personal) goals
- Why making a decision – any decision – is often the key to overcoming “analysis paralysis” and being stuck in a rut
- Why facing your fears is a MUST, and how you can overcome the niggling doubts and worries we all face every day
- Why, as Rusell puts it, “your market is endless”…
- And more camel jokes than you can poke a stick at!
- 6.00 Introducing today’s guest, Russell Osborne
- 19.00 The power of visualisation in building momentum and achieving your goals
- 30.00 How Russell’s ideas can be applied to any business
- 32.30 How Russell measures success
- 42.00 My top 3 take-aways from this episode
- 44.00 Barack Obama drops by with some feedback 🙂
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Russell’s business, Outback Australian Camels
- Children’s First Foundation
- Lifeline — Ph 13 11 14
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Did you enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Click here to subscribe to Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to all comments!
3 thoughts on “How to overcome fear and create the business of your dreams, with cameleer Russell Osborne”
Can’t remember the exact quote, but I love Russell’s comment about the power of deciding.
(…and thanks for the camel jokes Tim)
Russell was full of great quotes, Matt. I’ll be going back over the episode at some piint and creating some micro-posters for facebook / Instagram a la Gary Vaynerchuck’s approach to social media. Stay tooooned.
My pleasure, Preeti. Well done to you for listening and (most importantly) actioning. #constantimprovement