Ben Fewtrell emailed me recently saying he’d “…be keen to talk about the bad taste in your mouth feeling people feel when Business Coaching is mentioned.” Bring it on, I said!
Ben sold his first successful business in his 20s and went on to become one of Australia’s top business coaches and CEO of award-winning ActionCoach Corporate Australia. In this episode, business coach Ben shares his personal business story and gives some straight shooting marketing advice for small businesses.
Ben and I chat about how you can make your customers feel special (and WHY you need to), how to build rapport with your customers, under-promising and over-delivering, the benefits of hiring a business coach, and one dead simple marketing idea it’s a miracle more businesses aren’t using.
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- A simple marketing strategy it’s amazing more businesses aren’t using!
- Why you should give your knowledge away for nothing
- The importance of building relationships with your potential customers
- How to make your customers feel special and create an experience they remember
- What “graduating” is and why it’s crucial for growing your business
- The difference between a “motivational” speaker and an “educational” speaker
- How a business coach can help grow your business and how to decide whether you need one
- How to divide responsibilities when you partner with someone in business
- A simple tip for building rapport with your customers and prospects
- Why you need to be a business chameleon and change your communication style based on your audience
- Why under-promising and over-delivering is the key to successful marketing
- PLUS a story from a recent keynote where an audience member calls me out
- 1.00 I talk about lessons learned from a recent Q&A after one of my keynote speeches
- 6.00 Introducing today’s guest, Ben Fewtrell and finding out his superpower
- 13.00 Ben’s first successful business, which he sold in his 20s
- 19.00 Ben gives some advice for people thinking of partnering in business
- 21.15 The ActionCoach Australia New Zealand success story
- 29.00 How Ben gives clients an unforgettable experience
- 39.00 The one big strategy any business can use to set themselves apart and become experts
- 46.00 A real world example of using seminars in any business
- 50.00 My top 4 marketing take-aways from this episode
- 53.45 Listener reviews
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- ActionCoach Corporate Australia
- The First Kiss video
- NetRegistry answers your marketing questions for free
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Did you enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below about how you’re turning your business into something more than just a wage. I personally read and respond to all comments!