What if locking your door, taking down your business sign, and saying “goodbye” to half of your customers could radically change your business for the better? My guest today, Paddi Lund, did just that. He shares how he used exclusivity, lateral thinking, and the power of what some call “repulsion marketing” to design a lifestyle where he was making more money than most of his colleagues while only working two days per week.
Listen in as dentist Paddi explains how to work less and make more money.
Paddi is now a successful speaker and author. But before he started showing others how to change their own business, he worked it out for himself. In this episode he tells us about how he came back from rock bottom, the discovery that led him to completely change his business (and life philosophy), and specific skills and tactics you can use to do the same things in your business.
Plus, I share seven marketing jolts to shock your business into action.
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- Why Paddi walked away from his business when he could have sold it for a fortune
- Why you should put aside time for introspection
- What caused Paddi to hit rock bottom, and how he came back
- How small things affect our happiness
- Seven standards for happiness in your business
- How to make your customers feel special by “allowing” them to do things for you
- Why his colleagues thought that Paddi’s model was “arrogant” (and why he didn’t care)
- Why you shouldn’t see your service as a “piece of work” (or price it that way)
- What Paddi was really selling (hint: it wasn’t a product or service)
- “Transaction” vs “transformation” in marketing what you do
- Why you don’t have to run the same type of business as everybody else
- PLUS, my seven marketing jolts for reviving your flagging marketing.
- 1.00 Tim’s rant – 7 marketing jolts for reviving your business
- 7.00 Introducing today’s guest Paddi Lund
- 12.00 Why Paddi reached rock bottom, even considering suicide at one stage
- 22.00 The importance of looking inwards
- 30.00 How Paddi identified the “sadness” in his business
- 34.30 The radical changes Paddi made to his business and the impact they had
- 42.00 Doing things differently to other businesses in your industry – why not?
- 53.00 My top 3 take-aways from this episode
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Paddi Lund’s website
- SourceBottle.com.au – free publicity opportunities
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!