Have you ever wondered what became of the television personalities that you loved from the decades gone by? Well, if they were anything like David Reyne, host of Getaway, The Morning Show, and actor on The Flying Doctors, and drummer for 80’s rock sensation The Chantoozies, they would have become entrepreneurial Real Estate experts.
It’s difficult to sustain a career in the public eye for a long time, and although David Reyne did a pretty amazing job of it, he smartly recognised when it was time to get out and look into different ventures. And so he turned to his passion for property and presented a Real Estate agency with an incredible marketing idea that they just couldn’t turn down.
Now David works in property full-time at Aqua Real Estate in Mount Eliza, Victoria and shares his many learnings about his time in the business in the latest episode. If you have fear about changing your career path or you doubt your own entrepreneurial spirit, David has some golden words for you.
PLUS, I unveil the brand new section of the Small Business Big Marketing Forum – The Mine. Here you can post information about your own small business and receive stellar marketing ideas from other forum members and small business owners. If you are not yet signed up to the marketing forum, now is the time!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- How to better your competition when you are interviewing somebody
- Why entrepreneurship is not a fixed term but comes in all shapes, sizes, and guises.
- Why it is essential that you seize opportunities when they come your way.
- How David Reyne managed to steer his career from TV personality, musician, and actor, to successful Real Estate entrepreneur.
- Why getting to the core of what the client wants is essential business practice.
- Why having a mix of creativity and business skills is a stellar combination.
- How being passionate about your work will lead you on the path to business success.
- Why going the extra mile to create winning customer service will make people remember your company
- How you can get heaps of new marketing ideas for your business on the new section of the Small Business Big Marketing forum – The Mine.
- 2.00 I share my thoughts on how those Yanks get customer service absolutely right.
- 5.30 The folks over at Netregistry are hosting a digital marketing workshop in Melbourne on August 14th – make sure you sign up.
- 7.00 I introduce a brand new section of the Small Business Big Marketing Forum – The Mine.
- 10.00 More info about the live 200th episode of Small Business Big Marketing.
- 11.00 I begin my chat with this week’s guest, Australian television personality and Real Estate expert, David Reyne.
- 17.00 David tells us about the 3 Bs – Belonging, Behaviour, and Belief.
- 18.00 What exactly is an entrepreneur anyway?
- 19.00 David talks through some of the difficulties he has faced in getting his great ideas to fruition.
- 23.00 David and I share the idea that enjoying your work is imperative to achieving business success.
- 26.00 I grill David on his transition from loved television personality to Australian Real Estate expert.
- 33.00 David talks charm and likeability and if they are at odds with the Real Estate niche.
- 39.00 Uh-oh. David goes to town and critiques my interviewing techniques.
- 48.30 Sort out your business’ small design fixes with Swiftly.com.
- 49.00 My top 3 takeaways from my chat with David Reyne.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- Netregistry Melbourne Online Marketing Workshop
- Sign up for the Netregistry digital marketing workshop
- Swiftly.com – for small design jobs
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!