It’s the big 200th episode! If you’ve been listening this whole time, thank you, and if you’ve just joined us, welcome to our little community that revels in marketing GOLD for the motivated small business owner. And boy oh boy, along the way, I sure have learned a lot about marketing and small business myself, and I’ve had the opportunity to interview some of the most astoundingly talented marketers on the face of the planet.
But this episode of Australia’s #1 marketing podcast is extra special because I’m joined by the guy who started it all with me from Episode 1 – Luke “Lukey” Moulton. The man is a self confessed online and mobile marketing geek, and throughout the episode we take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about some of our favourite guests, experiences, and learnings from the show.
We also get into some great learnings about Facebook ads, the power of mobile, and the importance of owning a niche. Let’s do this, team!
In this session of The Small Business Big Marketing Show, you’ll discover:
- My greatest learnings from 200 episodes of the Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
- Why if you are not investing in Facebook ads, you should probably start today.
- Why virality is not all about great products and services – you have to think outside of the box.
- Which marketing book Lukey thinks you can’t live without.
- How re-marketing can help bring people back to your website and secure purchases.
- Why conversion rate optimisation is the new black.
- All about the power of operating within a niche – you don’t need to be a Jack of all trades.
- Why I got a little misty when watching the First Kiss youtube video, and the power of harnessing that raw emotion in marketing.
- Why experts love to share their knowledge.
- 2.00 I begin looking back over 200 episodes and introduce the guy who was there right at the beginning, Luke Moulton, aka Lukey.
- 5.00 We get into Facebook ads and why they are more powerful than ever before.
- 12.30 We pay homage to our long term sponsors, Netregistry. They can get your online marketing sorted!
- 14.00 Reflections on the life of Robin Williams and what we can learn from him in business – be a character.
- 19.00 Sharing old content and the power of evergreen.
- 20.00 Me and Lukey reminisce about some of our favourite episodes from the past, including an interview with an adult bookshop owner.
- 26.00 Why people love to share their expertise and information.
- 27.00 Quality, quality, quality. Great business comes down to great quality.
- 30.00 We talk gaining social media exposure, or as I like to call it, Word of Mouse – geddit??
- 34.00 Lukey shares a great read with us – “Contagious” by Jonah Berger.
- 36.00 Me and Lukey talk about virality ad how things become popular – even if the product or service isn’t that amazing.
- 43.00 You can get small design fixes completed in less than an hour with Swiftly.com
- 45.00 I drop a few hints about a new sponsor of the show – all will be revealed in the next episode.
- 47.00 Luke exposes his inner geek and tells us all about re-marketing.
- 54.00 Choosing the right ads for your branding and advertising to increase conversions.
- 55.00 The power of owning a niche.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Luke’s business – Plankton
- Contagious – The Book
- Jonloomer.com for Facebook marketing
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- Beyond Blue – for help with anxiety and depression
- Swiftly.com – for small design jobs
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!