It’s time for another episode of Funny Business with Australia’s best selling marketing author, Andrew Griffiths aka Griffo, and me, Timbo Reid. This time round, we get really stuck into big marketing questions like how to create a virtual marketing team, and how to know when it’s the right time to start your business. There’s more marketing tips than you could poke a bunch of bananas at!
Griffo and I also chew the fat over how businesses that are losing their touch can regain connections with their customer base and make positive impressions on their bottom line. PLUS, I introduce our brand new sponsor, 99designs, and an awesome offer from them exclusively for Small Business Big Marketing listeners. Let’s get started!
In this session of Small Business Big Marketing, you’ll discover:
- What made me cry tears of both sadness and joy in the last week.
- Why it is essential for any business website owner to never lost sight of WHY they have a website in the first place, and what it needs to do.
- How outsourcing marketing work can give you the space to experiment with your business.
- Why it is important that business owners should never assume that people know their business exists.
- The power of getting to know your customers – talk to them, and listen to their needs.
- How you can source your own virtual marketing team.
- Why it is important to invest in marketing today for the success of your business tomorrow.
- All about knowing when it is the right time to revamp your website.
- The importance of ensuring that your business changes with the market – don’t let it stagnate.
- Why you need to have criteria in place to know when you can give away business freebies and when it just won’t work.
- 3.45 Can’t catch a break with online marketing? Get it SORTED with Netregistry.
- 9.00 Time management and the power of creating your own virtual marketing team.
- 12.00 Ways to find great, affordable experts who can be part of your virtual marketing team.
- 14.00 Introducing our new sponsor – 99designs! Head to 99designs.com/sbbm for a free 99designs Power Pack.
- 17.30 The ways that outsourcing can allow you to experiment with your marketing and try things out without commiting to vast amounts of spending.
- 20.00 Figuring out the reasons why a business that was previously successful might lose its touch.
- 25.00 Knowing your customers and spending time with them – the cornerstone of grassroots marketing.
- 30.30 Launching websites – how can you know when is the right time? And how can you be sure your website is what you want it to be?
- 41.30 The importance of producing helpful, relevant content on a regular basis (for both Google and your customers).
- 42.00 All about work freebies and putting criteria in place to assess when you can commit to giving freebies and when it doesn’t make sense.
- 49.00 Consistency versus inconsistency in business. How to be familiar but also add new elements to a business.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- 99designs special offer for listeners – Follow the link for a 99designs Power Package
- Andrew Griffiths official website
- Netregistry answers your marketing questions for free
- The Small Business Big Marketing online community
Enjoy this episode? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
Click here to visit our Facebook page and leave a comment about the show.
Click here to tell us on Twitter what you thought of the show.
Subscribe to the Small Business Big Marketing podcast
Join the Small Business Big Marketing online community
We’re building something big over at the Small Business Big Marketing online community forum. Drop by and say hi – soak up some marketing gold!
Over to you!
Let us know YOUR key takeaways from this episode by leaving a comment below. I personally read and respond to every comment!