Hey, today’s guest started his million dollar clothing business out of his bedroom. Yep, it’s another one of those stories. Oh, and you know what he called it? FKN Gym Wear! Yeah FKN! I do love a naughty business name. Oh, and he’s successfully using Snap Chat to get the word out.
Five years ago, Ben London won a bet with himself and threw away his top-tier sales career within the fitness industry to single-highhandedly solve the ‘fluoro gym wear epidemic’.
He is the perfect example of a guy who knew his industry’s opportunities better than anyone and with absolutely no experience in design, took one t-shirt concept and turned it into a high-end million-dollar gym wear brand rivalling the long-standing market dominators in Australia.
Listen in and you’ll discover:
- How the idea for FKN Gym Wear came about
- How to use Snap Chat in your marketing
- How to use behind-the-scenes content to market your business
- Why listening to your customers and implementing what they feedback is so important
- Plus plenty more marketing gold
Yep, another big episode of the best marketing podcast going around.
Ready. Set. Lift! Come on … Just FKN Lift!
00:36 Welcome & overview
02:14 Insights in to 99Designs & Netregistry
03:26 Today’s guest introduction – Ben London
05:23 Interview with Ben London – Part 1
16:37 Insights in to 99Designs & Netregistry
18:24 Interview with Ben London – Part 2
30:48 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Ben London
33:21 Motivational marketing quote of the week
33:38 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
99Designs free coupon – Get a design you’ll love. in 7-days. 100% guaranteed.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
FKN Gym Wear’s founder Ben London on Twitter
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Think about what behind-the-scenes information you could be sharing with your customers to keep them engaged. A vet could share pics of patients lining up in the waiting room. A plumber could share plumbing disasters they come across. A lawyer could show their wig cupboard!
- Test a social media channel that you’ve previously not considered.
- Truly listen to what your clients and prospects positively comment about in regards to you and your business and do more of it.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Companies need to lighten up and take themselves less seriously.
Basically, they need to get a sense of humour.”
Doc Searles, The ClueTrain Manifesto
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.