It’s time for another solid chinwag with Andrew Griffiths in a segment that we lovingly call Funny Business – an opportunity for Andrew and I to go head-to-head on various small business tips and issues that are on our collective minds … and have a laugh along the way.
In this episode of Funny Business we:
- Discuss the concept of servile brands. Even Griffo doesn’t know what that word means! Example include Uniqlos wake-up app; Who’s Your Daddy DNA testing van and Red Tomato Pizza’s VIP fridge magnet.
- Answer a listener question from Dylan in Canada, who wants to know how to approach being a salesman without coming across as corny and inexperienced (is he sure he’s asking the right blokes?!).
- Talk about the importance of not losing a customer over a petty problem and how us small biz owners need to step up and rise above the small issues.
- Debate whether testimonials are still a good marketing strategy… and, if they are, then how nest to get good ones (besides, of course, doing good work!).
- Dig deep on one of the biggest issues facing small business owners today – the issue of isolation.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode …
Marketing Coaching with Timbo – Email me at tim(at)smallbusinessbigmarketing(dot)com if you’d like to enquire about my Marketing Coaching package – I’ll set up a 15-minute Discovery Call where I’ll be able to establish if I can help you move your business forward.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost – Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight – I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.