In 2008 Rebecca Scott left her long-standing job as a Scientist at the CSIRO and co-founded Streat – a Melbourne-based social enterprise that sells delicious food and coffee whilst providing homeless young people with hope, self-belief and the opportunity to get qualified in hospitality. As Streat’s tagline suggests – Streat stops homelessness the delicious way.
In this fireside chat I recently had with Rebecca she explains:
- What a social enterprise is … and for that matter what a social entrepreneur is.
- How and why she came to start Streat.
- How Streat has gone from an idea to now owning two inner city cafes, some street carts and the seller of fine fair-trade coffee beans online.
- How to market a social enterprise to build both the cafe’s customer base and sponsorship support.
- How she manages the constant pull of demand outstripping supply in terms of helping homeless youth in and around Melbourne.
This is a wonderful story of how you can start a business, make some money and do the world of good along the way.
Here’s some ways to support Streat:
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode ..
Netregistry – Check out Small Business Big Marketing’s sponsor for all your online marketing needs.
Streat – The social enterprise Rebecca Scott co-founded.
Marketing Coaching with Timbo – Email me at tim(at)smallbusinessbigmarketing(dot)com if you’d like to enquire about my Marketing Coaching package – I’ll set up a 15-minute Discovery Call where I’ll be able to establish if I can help you move your business forward.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost – Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight – I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.
List Builder – How to build an email subscriber list … Fast.
Online Marketing Communications Masterclass – This is all about getting found online.