Ever wondered about the importance of building a personal brand? Maybe you think that’s a marketing strategy for only reeeaaally successful people. Well, time to rethink that one. My guest on today’s marketing podcast escaped the cubicle and has very quickly built a successful small business thanks to his own personal brand.
Last time Charles Badenach appeared on this show he was a successful financial adviser stuck in a cubicle working for the man. Fast forward three years and he’s still a successful financial adviser working for himself. Yep, he started Main Street Financial, a Tasmanian-based financial planning business and he’s never look ed back.
Join me as Charles:
- Explains how his already strong personal brand helped expediate the growth of his new business
- How he got Main Street Financial to market
- What marketing is working for him
Plus I have a question from a listener who’s operating in a niche and is asking how to better target their prospects, as well as a flirtatious motivational marketing quote.
Yep, another big epsidoe of the best marketing podcast going around, so let’s get stuck, right in!
00:42 Welcome & overview
03:16 Listener question about niche marketing
07:20 Motivation marketing quote of the week
07:44 Today’s guest introduction – Charles Badenach
09:07 Interview with Charles Badenach – Part 1
18:05 Insights in to Netregistry
18:57 Interview with Charles Badenach – Part 2
38:22 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Charles Badenach
40:39 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSOR (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Do things others won’t do to get the results others won’t get.
- Check out Google Sites as a way of creating an Intranet. I know a lot of businesses that also use it as a place to store all their standard operating procedures. In fact, just last week, we held a Members’ Only webinar inside The Small Business Big Marketing Forum in which Google Apps expert Peter Moriaty walked us through some of the simple and free productivity tools Google make available to us.
- Are you fishing where the fish are? Sounds obvious, but sometimes we can cast your marketing net too wide, hoping to catch anything. But do you really want to catch anything. So here’s an idea -set aside an hour or two to trial some very targeted marketing that only talks to people you want as customers or clients.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Doing business without marketing is like winking at a girl in the dark.
You know what you’re doing, but nobody else does!”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment. ?????? ???? ?? ?????? ?????? ?????? ?????????