Tansel Ali is the only person in the world to memorise two Yellow Pages directories in 24-days – now that’s what I call a marketing stunt. Not surprisingly, he’s also 3-times Australian Memory Champion, a celebrity memory coach, a bestselling author and sought after speaker. You can find Tansel on Twitter @TanselAli
Join me for a chat with Tansel as he shares:
- Why he became a Memory Coach
- How he’s built a business being a Memory Coach
- Why he did the Yellow Pages stunt
- How to remembers anything (including people’s names – I’m so bad at that!)
- How he went about getting clients for a service people don’t think they need
Plus I give a listener some advice on how to generate more referrals for her kitchen renovation business.
Let’s do this!
00:29 Welcome & overview
02:13 Listener question about how to generate referrals
05:29 Insights in Key Person Of Influence
06:43 Today’s guest introduction – Tansel Ali
07:40 Interview with Tansel Ali
30:51 My top 3 marketing learnings fro my chat with Tansel Ali
33:12 Motivational marketing quote of the week
33:33 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence Amazon best-seller book
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Buy Valerie’s Power Stories book
My interview with Steve Sims about the world’s best referral idea
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 3 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Continue to focus on telling your story.
- Create a marketing stunt.
- Ask yourself this question: “Is there something in my world that I am either exceptional at or passionate enough about to go and build a business around?”
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“I never felt like I was in the cooke business. I’ve always been in a feel good feeling business. My job is to sell joy. My job is to sell happiness. My job is to sell an experience.””
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-hahahha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.