Adam Garone is the co-founder and Chief Mo Bro of the Movember Foundation, the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale.
In case you’re unaware of Movember and how it works, it simply asks blokes to get sponsored to grow a mo’ during November; with all the money raised going to fund research into men’s health.
And how’s this for a scoreboard … since commencing in 2003, Movember has had:
- Over 5 million people have taken part in Movember
- They’ve raised more than $770 million
- They’re in 21 countries
- And have funded over 1,200 men’s health programs
We cover plenty of ground in this chat including:
- Why Adam is keen to shift from success to significance
- How Movember is working hard to stay relevant
- The importance of user-generated content
- And a great idea he has to utilize barbers in Movember’s marketing
But that’s not all. In this episode of your favourite marketing podcast:
- I share another low cost marketing idea for you to implement immediately in our new segment loving called What Have You Got To Lose?
- And we revisit a past episode in which went behind-the-scenes of Spell and the Gypsy Collective
Yep, you guessed it, another big episode, so let’s get stuck, right in.
00:00 Two marketing insights
01:22 Welcome & overview
03:02 Today’s guest introduction – Adam Garone of Movember
04:57 Interview with Adam Garone of Movember
35:30 Insights into Key Person of Influence & WebCentral
37:55 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Adam Garone of Movember
39:43 What Have You Got To Lose? #3
42:29 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Successful to significant. This way of thinking can just as easily refer to for-profit businesses, as much as it does to not-for-profit businesses. What first step do you need to take in order for you or your business to become more significant in your industry? Get the KPI book.
- Reinvention of the brand each year. This is a smart idea. When was the last time you gave your visual brand identity a bit of a tickle? Use DesignCrowd.
- Being in service. Again, another great mindset to adopt. I like to think I’m in service to small business owners who are wanting to grow their businesses through effective marketing. It certainly makes delivering this kind of information so much more rewarding, than just being in it for the money. How can you shift to a being in service mindset?
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
What Have You Got To Lose? – Create a product demonstration video
Example of a product demonstration video
Screen capture software – Jing, Camtasia, Screenflow
WebCentral’s Online Conversion workshops
October in Sydney and Melbourne – use promo code TIMBO16 for 10% discount
Podcast Listener Survey – 70-seconds of your time will lead to an even better show ;0)
WebCentral – Exclusive listener offers
Get your online marketing sorted with these exclusive listener offers.
Key Person of Influence – Become highly valued & highly paid
Grab a FREE hard or audio copy of their Amazon best-seller.
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.
2 thoughts on “337 – Movember co-founder Adam Garone explains why he wants to shift from success to significance.”
I’m dumbstruck at the quantum of the funds raised by Adam Garone and Movember. Another charitable group that I’m involved with started in the same year and is just a little bit short of the money raised – about $766,000,000. Congrats to Adam, his co-founders and everyone else that have contributed to this amazing story
It’s an incredible feat, Bob. Whilst being a few bob short of what the Movember boys have raised, good on you for making the efforts nonetheless. The world needs more Bobs and Adams.