Within 30-seconds of meeting today’s guest she started slashing at her arm with a knife. Fortunately it was a safety knife – but I didn’t know that!
Jacklyn James is the inventor of the child-safe cutting knife … Kiddies Food Kutter. And she is a master (or should that be mistress) when it comes to demonstrating it in action. At farmers’ markets and culinary events all over Victoria she woos passers by with a mix of extraordinary passion and genuine belief in her product.
Join me for this fireside chat with here as she shares:
- How she escaped the corporate cubicle
- Where the idea for the Kiddies Food Kutter came from
- How she got it to market
- How she markets it (there’s some very clever ideas)
- Plus she shares her secrets to a successful product demonstration
Yep, it’s another big episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast.
So let’s get stuck … right in.
00:26 Welcome & overview
03:00 Today’s guest introduction – Jacklyn James
04:22 Interview with Jacklyn James – Part 1
17:18 Insights in to Key Person Of Influence
18:26 Interview with Jacklyn James – Part 2
47:47 My top 5 marketing learnings from my chat with Jacklyn James
51:28: Motivational marketing quote of the week
51:41 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence Amazon best-seller book
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
Choose a FREE audio book from 180,000 titles
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
MY TOP 5 MARKETING TIPS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Spend time looking for the best position for each and every piece of your marketing – your ads, your social media channels, your stands at expos … everything.
- Always present yourself and every part of your business as well as you can – consistency and great presentation doesn’t need to cost a fortune.
- Nail your spiel.
- Be selective about which prospects you focus on – I love Jacklyn’s phrase “Pick the heads”.
- Get passionate. Let it show.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Shoot for the stars and
you might just land on the moon.”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.