Rand Fishkin first became involved with the World Wide Web back in 1993. After helping many Seattle businesses setup their digital shop online, in 2002 he got involved in the field of search marketing. In 2004, Rand co-founded Moz with his mother Gillian, which is today one of the fastest growing software companies in the marketing world.
Listen in and listen to Rand Fishkin on SEO Tips For Small Business:
- How any small business can rank well on Google
- Why Google invented the driverless car (it’s not what you think)
- Why back links are still important
- How to identify your keywords
- Why you should complete your page title and meta data
- The power of social media and content when it comes to improving your rankings
This is pretty much a masterclass in search engine optimisation with one of the best in the world.
Oh, and I also explain why I podcast – three people have asked me this week, so I thought I’d explain.
Yep, another big, big episode of Australia’s #1 marketing podcast. Enjoy!
00:34 Welcome & overview
02:32 Why I podcast
06:01 Insights in to 99Designs and Netregistry
07:51 Interview with SEO expert and MOZ founder Rand Fishkin
58:31 My Top 3 Learnings from my chat with Rand
1:01:49 Motivational marketing quote of the week from Leo Burnett
1:02:06 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
MY TOP 3 LEARNINGS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Pay more attention to your SEO strategy – in fact, make SEO a major part of your marketing strategy.
- Identify your top keywords (those phrases your prospects key in to Google for which you’d like to appear on page one of the Search Results). Use Google Adwords to do this.
- Create dedicated pages for each product or service offering.
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
99Designs free coupon – Get a design you’ll love. in 7-days. 100% guaranteed.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
MOZ’s Open Site Explorer – Learn about your competition
Top 100 SEO Experts (the article in which Rand ranks #3)
(GO ON, SHARE THE LOVE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO)
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.”
Leo Burnett on Advertising
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-hahahha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.