Steve Sims of LA-based concierge business, Bluefish, has a wonderfully unconventional approach to his marketing. You’d think that a bloke who organises outrageously expensive fantasies and adventures for his 4,000 well-healed clients would spend a fortune promoting his business. Anything but!
Listen is as Steve explains an unbelievably simple referral marketing idea, another one that guarantees an almost 100% open rate, and another one that ensures you get past the dobermans to the decision-maker every time.
Steve also takes us behind-the-scenes of organising for one of his clients and five guests to have dinner at the feet of Michelangelo’s David in the Academia Museum in Florence.
You can watch (not just listen to) my entire interview with Steve inside The Small Business Big Marketing Forum.
I also answer a listener question about generating back-links through guest blogging.
Yep, it’s another big show. Let’s get stuck right into Australia’s #1 marketing podcast.
- 00:32 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 01:58 Checking in on your week
- 03:42 Online marketing tips from Netregistry
- 04:43 I introduce today’s guest Steve Sims of Bluefish
- 07:32 Interview with Steve Sims
- 35:30 My top 10 learnings from my interview with Alicia
- 37:31 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 37:50 I answer a listener question about blogging and back-links
- 54:37 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsor (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 5 Marketing Tips from my chat with Steve Sims from LA-based concierge service Bluefish:
- Implement his referral marketing idea. Start collecting hotel stationary and buy some Sharpies!
- Let’s all make better use of our networks.
- Believe that anything is possible.
- Get others to believe in your dream – that’s how you get past the Dobermans!
- Build your credibility by doing what you say you’re going to do.
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than the ones you did. So throw of the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, and catch the trade winds in your sails”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.