What do you do when your latest podcast guest decides not to cancel at the last minute but at the very last second? (Yep, that’s what happened to me this week – and just moments before I was supposed to have a chat with politician, Jeff Kennett).
You answer your most pressing small business marketing questions. That’s what.
So, I’ve dusted myself off, and am ready to deliver just as much marketing GOLD as ever. I get stuck into some of your small business marketing questions, from how to “get past the Doberman” and in front of senior level management, through to the secrets for creating a killer business name.
Plus, I give you some super valuable marketing tips, like finding the right keywords as a base for your web content, and how to make your Youtube videos stand out with bespoke thumbnail images.
Are you ready to take your marketing to the next level? Let’s do it!
- 2.00 Find out why Jeff Kennett cancelled on me right at the very last second.
- 3.00 The importance of being personable. Introduce yourself to people and ask questions.
- 5.30 Learning not to take certain things personally. The issue might be theirs, not yours.
- 8.30 If you’re not using 99Designs for your business design, you are missing a trick. Follow 99designs.com/sbbm for a free $99 Power Pack upgrade.
- 12.30 Are you continuing the SBBM love by commenting in the show notes? If not, why not?!
- 14.30 On the divisiveness of multi-level marketing.
- 16.45 Are there any cost effective ways of getting in front of senior level management, i.e. “getting past the doberman”. YES!
- 23.00 Reflecting on the amazing Small Business Big Marketing meetup event, where I got to down some beers with more than 40 of you!
- 27.00 Stuck with creating content for keywords and other SEO practices? Netregistry can help!
- 29.00 One listener challenges me on the definition of “leaning in”.
- 33.00 One of my listeners is on a mission to make financial planning sexy – yeah!
- 36.30 How to create an awesome business name.
- 38.30 Why learning about marketing is great – but the best way of learning is to get out there and do it!
- 41.00 Inspirational Quote of the Week from Steve Jobs
- 42.45 A look at some of the marketing GOLD inside the SBBM forum.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing questions answered free
- www.99Designs.com/sbbm: For logo design, brochure design, and more. Grab your exclusive listener upgrade at this link.
- The Small Business Big Marketing Meetup page: Sign up for notifications about new events.
- Episode 197 – Clean My Space’s Melissa Maker on helpful marketing.
- Episode 205 – How to create raving fans for your business.
- Episode 206 – I grill a network marketer!
- Keyword Tool for your original content
- The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
I personally read and respond to every comment.