Past guest and good friend of mine (and the show) Jules Lund joins us to talk all thing social influencer marketing… What’s a social influencer?
Jules is an Australian TV celebrity turned entrepreneur. He’s appeared as a presenter on travel show Getaway appearing in almost 400 episodes, he has hosted the Logies red carpet arrivals since 2006 and hosted some of Australian radio’s biggest programs. In September 2015 Lund launched TR|BE, a marketplace for social influencers and the brands that need them.
In this episode we cover:
- What / Who is a social influencer
- How businesses of all sizes can use social influencers in their marketing mix
- The power of just being yourself
- How to back yourself when presented with a big opportunity
- A look behind the curtain in what’s involved with building a business around an app
Jules also explains:
- Why he’s invested so heavily in Tribe
- Why social influencers are so powerful for businesses of all sizes
- And how business like yours and mine can take advantage of them
Plus I discuss my upcoming outsourcing tour to the Philippines. If you’re struggling with the cost of doing business in Australia, like the idea offloading some of those repetitive tasks that are taking way too long and costing way too much or maybe you just feel like a three day business vacation to The Philippines with me, a mini bus and a handful of other motivated business owners then you’ll love the SBBM Philippines Outsourcing Tour – June 13-15, 2016.
Join me and David Warne for a webinar in which all will be revealed, April 27 10am AEST.
00:35 Welcome & overview
03:20 Information on the SBBM outsourcing tour to the Phillipines
05:10 Today’s guest introduction – Jules Lund of TR|BE
06:55 Interview with Jules Lund – Part 1
24:05 Insights in to Netregistry
25:39 Interview with Jules Lund – Part 2
43:55 My top 3 attention grabbers from my chat with Jules Lund
45:50 Motivational marketing quote of the week
46:40 Listener feedback
51:51 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
Choose a FREE audio book from 180,000 titles
What are you up for? Business? Horror? Romance? It’s all here.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
Sign up to the SBBM Outsourcing Tour to the Phillipines Webinar (April 27, 10:00AM AEST)
Buy Timbo’s new marketing text book The Boomerang Effect
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Give some serious thought to who your influencers are, then reach out to them on social media.
- Go ahead and download Tribe. Test it out. Either as an Influencer or a Brand seeking influencers.
- What about Jules’s comment regarding performance anxiety? Isn’t it great to know that even the pros get it? So now you have no excuse when creating that next piece of helpful marketing – whether it be a video, podcast or blog post! The stories he shares in the bonus interview inside the Forum are gold – the things he did to overcome his camera fears!
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
Mandy Hale once said …
“You don’t always have to plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens.”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.