The Squatty Potty video of the unicorn that does rainbow coloured poo (yep, you heard right – check it out below) has had 65,000,000 views to date across Facebook and YouTube … and it’s increased sales of Squatty Potty by 600% in its first three months.
Come behind-the-scenes with it’s creator and Squatty Potty co-founder Bobby Edwards as he explains:
- Why Squatty Potty exists in the first place
- Where the idea for the Squatty Potty video came from
- Why having the courage for a big marketing idea is critical
- How much the video cost
- And so much more
Plus I share a productivity hack that’s saving me time and making my emails infinitely more interesting.
Yep, it’s another big episode of Australia’s best marketing podcast … so let’s get stuck right in 🙂
00:50 Welcome & overview
03:09 How I’m making my emails more interesting
05:40 Today’s guest introduction – Booby Edwards of Squatty Potty
07:25 Interview with Bobby Edwards – Part 1
19:05 Insights in to Netregistry & Key Person Of Influence
21:12 Interview with Bobby Edwards – Part 2
35:57 My top 3 attention grabbers from my chat with Bobby Edwards
38:33 Motivational marketing quote of the week
38:55 Wrap-up and insights in to next week’s guests
EPISODE SPONSORS (PLEASE SUPPORT THEM)
Netregistry special offer – Get your online marketing sorted. Websites from $79 / month.
Grab a free hard or audio copy of the Key Person Of Influence Amazon best-seller book
This book is red hot. Not to be read in bed. Way too stimulating.
Register for a Key Person Of Influence Brand Accelerator live event
8-hours of business-changing content. No BS.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
The Squatty Potty Unicorn video:
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- Have the courage to go for a big idea. Whether that be a big marketing idea like a having a unicorn demonstrate your product to setting a Guinness World Record (past guest Arthur Greeno set two of these) to simply running with a brave subject line in your next email … try something that makes you feel slightly uncomfortable.
- I love the fact that Bobby employed the video agency because he’d fallen in love with some previous work they’d done. Look out for marketing you love and then find who created it. It might be a logo – so go find the graphic designer. It might be some great copy – so go find the copywriter.
- Don’t underestimate the power of Facebook videos. I guess we all think of YouTube as being the home of video; but 15 million YouTube views versus 50 million on facebook is quite a difference. Test it for yourself.
INSPIRATIONAL MARKETING QUOTE
“Why join the Navy when you can be a pirate?”
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.