Speed skater Steven Bradbury created history in Salt Lake City when he became the first Australian to win a Winter Olympic Gold Medal. Off the back of that, Steve has created a fantastic small business.
His remarkable and unlikely victory was achieved after a spectacular final-lap spill took out his four rivals. Bradbury threw his arms up in disbelief and smiled as he crossed the finish line.
During my fireside chat with Steve, you’ll discover:
- What it means to “Do a Bradbury!”
- Why surrounding yourself with A-Players is good for business
- What the smart alternative is to giving up
- How Steve built and maintains a solid speaking business after 13 years
- Plus plenty more marketing GOLD!
I’m also joined by my old mate Lukeee, as we take you behind-the-scenes of my most successful Facebook post for the past 12-months. We share how it came about, and what we did to get a reach of 15,000+ and an extra 1,000+ unique visits to this website. It all started with a blog post titled 7 Graphic Design Fails.
Yep, it’s another big show. Let’s get stuck right into episode 234 of Australia’s #1 marketing podcast. Go!
- 00:30 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:05 Checking in on your week
- 06:05 Come behind-the-scenes of my most successful Facebook post
- 17:32 Online marketing tips from Netregistry
- 19:55 I introduce today’s guest Olympic Gold medalist, Steven Bradbury
- 21:23 My chat with Steve Bradbury
- 4:58 My top 4 learnings from my interview with Mark
- 48:41 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 49:27 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them)
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 4 Marketing Tips from my chat with Olympic Gold Medallist Steven Bradbury:
- Never give up
- Surround yourself with A-Players
- Believe in yourself. You don’t have to be the best in the world, you just have to be the best in your clients’ world.
- Never tire too quickly of your marketing. It’s most likely that most people are seeing it for the first time.
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“If opportunity doesn’t know, build a door.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.