Thanks to Damien Elsing for this great online marketing question.
I trust the answer below provided by an online marketing expert at
Netregistry brings you closer to getting your online marketing sorted!
Some of key factors to increase your Google Places results:
1) Encourage Online Reviews: Online reviews play into the local ranking algorithm. It’s not so much about the amount of reviews your business receives, but the quality of reviews.
2) Activate and use Google +.
3) Have descriptive categories.
4) Use the correct geo-location in all on-page optimisation.
5) Submit your website/business information to local data providers/directories.
6) Respond to Google reviews via your Google Places account.
7) Online citations for your business are the equivalent to online referrals for your website.
8) Claim your listing in Google and Bing.
9) Social profiles and social media update posts can provide a constant influx of citations and links for your business.
What have you found that works in increasing your Google Places results?
2 thoughts on “What are some things local businesses can do to show up more often in Google’s “7-pack” local results?”
Thanks guys! There isn’t a lot of info around about this so much appreciated.
Agreed, Damien. I’m actually hosting a webinar for Forum members tomorrow about Google+ – in which we’ll no doubt touch on Places as well. Google have a lot of free resources that small business owners could make better use of – Place, Plus, Docs, Trends … the list is long!