Today’s guest did the interview in her pyjamas. Why?
Because she can!
She’s a true entrepreneur, starting a business to help put herself through university, only to then systemise it so that today it runs for the most part … without her.
And who doesn’t want a bit of that?!
Joyce Ong (PJs and all!) is the founder of the Young Musicians Academy – shares her secret sauce on how she’s created a business employing 35 music teachers – that paid her way through uni, and then some!
In a recent email to me from long time listener Russ Porteous he said:
“I met Joyce at the July Business Blueprint Conference, and she was one of the highlights of the 4-days. Joyce is a true entrepreneur, starting a business to help put herself through university, only to systemise the business so that today it runs for the most part without her … I don’t know Joyce’s full story, but I think given her personality it’s one we’d all love to hear. By systemising her business, Joyce has been able to remove herself from her business and follow other passions.”
So, listen in and discover:
- How to hire people smarter than you without relying on the resume
- Joyce’s 3 D process to creating systems
- Her global outsourcing strategy
- How she’s created a high converting website with a simple, strategic offer
- And how letterbox drops, school newsletters & JVs have worked to grow her business
Plus I share Part 2 of a 4-part series in which I share some highly clickable email subject lines that will get more of your emails open, more often. You’ll find Part 1 (the first 5 email subject lines) in last week’s episode of your favourite marketing podcast ;0).
Let’s get stuck right in!
00:00 Two marketing insights
02:43 Welcome & overview
04:07 Today’s guest introduction – Joyce Ong of the Young Musicians Academy
06:07 Interview with Joyce Ong of the Young Musicians Academy
33:48 Insights into WebCentral & Cornerstone Business Solutions
36:24 My Top 3 Attention Grabbers from my chat with Joyce Ong of the Young Musicians Academy
38:43 Part 2 – Highly Clickable Email Subject Lines
43:01 Wrap-up and an insight in to both a past guest & next week’s guest
WebCentral – Exclusive listener offers
Get your online marketing sorted with these exclusive listener offers.
DesignCrowd – Save up to $100 on your first design
The world’s #1 custom design marketplace.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
MY TOP 3 MARKETING ATTENTION GRABBERS
- “It just grew and expanded because I was doing what I loved.”
- Systems. Systems. Systems! Conduct a brain dump of everything you do, then create three columns – Do. Delegate. Delete.
- Her compelling offer of “Two free lessons. No catches.” It’s front and centre of her website.
OVER TO YOU …
What was your biggest marketing learning or ah-ha moment from this episode?
Leave your comment below.
My guest and I respond to each and every comment.