Ray Scicluna couldn’t read or write until he was 31 years old, and yet he was the owner of a business turning over $90 million by the age of 27. How did he do it? Through a commitment to creating “magic moments” for every single customer. The Video Ezy founder made a point of exceeding every single customer’s expectation, whether by treating loyal customers to dinner vouchers or by transforming the idea of “overdue fees” into something more positive. This one’s a cracker of an idea.
If your business needs a point of difference, creating magic moments will give your business just that. What’s more – they don’t have to cost a cent! As Ray shows in this interview, all you need is a little out-of-the-box thinking, and a consistent focus on the needs of your customers.
PLUS, I answer a listener question about how to target the right kinds of clients, and I lay down the gauntlet with a listener challenge. Let’s get stuck right into episode 210 of Australia’s #1 marketing show. Go!
- 2.15 I answer a listener question about getting to particular kinds of clients.
- 7.00 Make sure that you get to the Small Business Big Marketing Forum and share your ‘weekly wins’.
- 7.30 Netregistry and 99Designs are here to make sure that youir online marketing and design work is the best it can be.
- 10.15 Finding the connection between mindfulness and business success.
- 13.30 Introducing Ray Scicluna, a man who couldn’t read or write until the age of 31, but at 27 had a business turning over $90 million!
- 15.15 How Ray got into the video business.
- 18.00 And then how he lost it all and filed for bankruptcy at the age of 29.
- 23.30 How Video Ezy became a brand – it’s focus on people and ‘magic moments’.
- 25.00 Ray explains why he had such a commitment to staff training with Video Ezy.
- 27.30 How having a guarantee built a lot of business for Video Ezy.
- 31.00 Ray talks about consistency across marketing touchpoints and how they all add up to creating a cohesive brand experience.
- 34.30 How Video Ezy created magic moments with birthday cards.
- 39.00 The importance of dealing with different customers in different ways to meet each customer’s individual needs.
- 45.00 Apple’s magic moment – having an actual retail store.
- 46.00 Listener challenege! Create one magic moment this week and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 47.00 Why loyalty might just be more important in business than logic.
- 51.45 My top three takeaways from this episode.
- 54.00 Inspirational quote of the week!
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Ray Scicluna : his official website.
- Getting to the advocates : more on this in Episode 198.
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing sorted
- www.99Designs.com/sbbm: For logo design, brochure design, and more. Grab your exclusive listener upgrade at this link.
- Join the The Small Business Big Marketing Forum today and share your ‘weekly wins’!
My Top 3 Learnings
My top three takeaways from chatting with Ray are:
1. Create magic moments in your business. Exceed a customer’s expectations to create Word of Mouth and Word of Mouse.
2. What’s your ‘Would you like fries with that?’ offer? How can you up-sell?
3. Make sure that you have consistency across all your marketing touchpoints.
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.