How cyber aware is your small business? In the past few months I’ve had my Facebook and Instagram accounts compromised and shut down. My Paypal hacked and money spent by some low-life. And just recently, I found over $1,000 of fraudulent transactions on my Mastercard. It was at that point that I realised we need a good hard talking to by one of Australia’s leading cyber-security experts. It’s a bloody scary episode 528 of The (11 year-old, award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
Big Episode Today
- Ex-black hat hacker turned cyber-security expert Bastien Treptel puts the fear of God into us by explaining just how exposed we are as business owners in this hyper-digitised age.
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner has cleverly positioned their business by using my helpful marketing philosophy.
- Plus I let you in on an upcoming guest who appeared on the podcast five years ago, and since then has gone from strength to strength.
A Little More About Cyber Security Expert Bastien Treptel
Righto, let’s meet Bastien Treptel, founder of cyber-security firm CTRL Group, which (no surprise) is experiencing 70% growth year-on-year. Once a black-hat hacker, Bastien realised the error of his ways and started CTRL Group to protect business owners like you and I; although I found him a little too late given what’s happened to my business over the past few months!
Losing access to my main socials and having strangers spend my hard-earned was annoying enough … but wait until you hear the stories of businesses Bastien has saved from the brink … and those he’s had to walk with to the bankruptcy court as their security breaches were crippling.
But don’t worry (well, do worry!) Bastien also offers up a bunch of quick fixes that you can implement immediately to mitigate the risks.
And if you’re really shitting yourself – before even listening to what he’s got to say – then make contact with him through www.CTRLgroup.io, mention my name and get 15% off any of their services. You won’t find that offer anywhere else.
I stared off asking Bastien how scared us business owners should be when it comes to cyber-security threats …
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers
- We’re all vulnerable. The idea that it’s only the top end of town that gets hacked is bullshit. Do whatever you can to protect your precious business right now. All the great marketing in the world is next to useless if your business gets hacked. Trust me!
- I like how Bastien’s positioning himself as his industry’s main thought-leader by producing a regular podcast, as well as securing regular spots on national TV and radio.
- I love his overall respect for the power marketing can have in growing a business.
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
Monster Prize Draw Winner
Immigration expert Canadian ski resort owner Brian Davis of Snow Goose Mountain & Park Resort.
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.