An even better title for today’s episode is How to get shi* done. Today’s guest, Brent Grundy of global trampoline playground franchise Flip Out, turned an idea in to a $40M business in just 2.5 years, employing 800 staff across 13 countries in 34 locations. Oh, and just before that … he was near broke.
Listen in and you’ll discover:
- How to overcome the virus of fear (it’s contagious, you know!)
- How to take action and get shit done
- How to create an unstoppable momentum to move your business forward
- How to use your network to open your business beyond your country’s shores
- The power of franchising to exponentially grow your business
- Plus so much more marketing gold, you’ll need to listen twice
Plus I share some emails from other listeners (just like you) who have rolled up their sleeves and are getting their marketing sorted. Big time!
Yep, it’s another big episode to add to The Small Business Big Marketing Show’s archives.
- 00:59 Welcome and overview of today’s episode
- 02:46 Insights in to 99designs from their CEO, Patrick Llewelyn
- 03:44 A quick check-in to see how business is going
- 06:55 Insights in to Netregistry from their CMO, Verity Meagher
- 08:38 Testimonial from Forum Member Matt at Kinetics Connect
- 09:43 I introduce Brent Grundy of Flip Out
- 10:51 Interview with Brent Grundy
- 38:43 My top 3 learnings from my interview with Brent Grundy
- 40:15 Motivational marketing quote of the week
- 40:26 I share an email from listener Meilee Anderswon of Mt Rainier Scenic Railway Museum
- 43:14 Wrap-up and insight into next week’s guest
Today’s Episode Sponsors (please support them)
Netregistry Get your online marketing sorted!
99designs – Free 99designs coupon
The Small Business Big Marketing Forum
Resources & links mentioned in this episode
Tweetables – Share The Love
My Top 3 Marketing Tips from my chat with Brent Grundy:
- Beware of those with the virus of fear. They have the power to stop you moving forward at every turn. Plus, it’s contagious. Beware of it in your self, your staff, your suppliers, family and even friends.
- Don’t look at fines or penalties as a reason not to do something. At least consider the idea of copping them, and factoring them in to your pricing until you come up with a better solution.
- “If you’re not on the bus, you’re under it, because we’re not stopping.” There’s something to be said about creating an unstoppable forward momentum in order to grow your business fast. Take no prisoners!
Inspirational Marketing Quote of the Week
“’The yes’s built my business. The no’s built my character.”
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.