Lawyer Joanna Oakey doesn’t like the way her industry goes about things. So she asked one simple, yet confronting question of her and her team. The answers (once implemented) have led to 25% growth year-on-year, and a sales conversion rate of 90%. Yep, 90%! It’s a challenge-everything episode 522 of The (11 year-old, award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
Big Episode Today
- We meet legal eagle Joanna Oakey whose firm Aspect Legal is benefitting hugely from the way her and her team challenge the way things get done.
- This week’s Monster Prize Draw winner has used an idea from this podcast to create what he terms “an endless amount of ads!
- Plus I let you in on next week’s guests who’ve started a business off the back of a terrible tragedy.
A Little More About Aspect Legal’s Joanna Oakey
Today’s guest, lawyer Joanna Oakey of Aspect Legal is a dreamer. Not any old dreamer … Joanna dreams of creating the perfect legal business, one that breaks the traditional lawyer mould, delivers deep value to its precious clients and one that has a positive impact on both her local community and the world. Nothing like dreaming big! And she’s done this by asking one very confronting question of herself and her team, the answers to which have enabled her to employ 12 full-time staff, have led to 25% growth year-in, year-out and she has a 90% conversion rate on sales calls! Before she reveals that question and how she’s challenging a very staid industry, I started off by going one-for-one with Joanna on what lawyers are getting wrong.
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers
- I love how Joanna took her team away for a whiteboard session where she posed one simple but powerful question … “What do people hate about lawyers?” With a follow-up question of how can we do each of these things better?
- I love Joanna’s view on marketing and that everyone needs to do a lot of unlearning. We get so stuck in our ways, and often miss great ideas and initiatives by only looking within our own industries.
- And I love, love, love the LawyerLine she’s created at $159 per month. Such a simple way to not only offer great value, but to establish trust that leads on to bigger paying projects.
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
We’ve had two episodes go live this past week:
Bonus Episode – How to create big marketing ideas with Thankyou’s Daniel Flynn
Monster Prize Draw Winner
Elephant whisperer James Rankin of Elephant Advisory. Actually, they’re finance brokers … not sure where the elephant bit came from!
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.