Has choosing the perfect business ame avoided you? Do you ever look at some business names and think “Really … Is that the best you could do?!” Or maybe you’re a business owner struggling to come up with a name for a new product, service or brand you’re about to launch. Well today we speak to a world-leading naming specialist who shares her extremely well-tested approach to creating names that stick! It’s episode 554 of The (12 year-old, award-winning and some may say poorly named) Small Business Big Marketing podcast.
A Little More About Business-Naming Expert Alexandra Watkins …
Alexandra Watkins is the author of one of INC Magazine’s top 10 marketing books cleverly titled Hello, My Name Is Awesome!
She’s also the founder of Eat My Words, a wildly creative naming agency behind names such as Burger King’s Mac ‘n Cheetos, the travel make-up kit called Dash, and Wrigley Alert Chewing Gum.
Other clients include Coca-Cola, Google and Amazon.
Alexandra’s free name evaluation test
How to name a business free masterclass
If coming up with names that stick for your business has eluded you, then you’re going to love what Alexandra shares including:
- The biggest naming mistakes
- Is it ever too late to change your business’s name?
- The highly effective process she charges tens of thousands of dollars for to generate new business names
- Her Smile & Scratch test for evaluating a name
- How to narrow down a long list of names
- Plus she kindly reviews a whole lot of names that SBBM facebook group members have put forward
I started off by asking Alexandra why a name is important …
Timbo’s Top 3 Attention Grabbers from his chat with business-naming expert Alexandra Watkins …
- It’s never too late to change your business name.
- Her respect for the creative brief which them provides an effective and objective reference point for searching Google Images, stock photo libraries etc.
- Her ‘Smile & Scratch Test’ is a fun way to determine if you’ve landed on a sticky name or two.
Other chats with founders of businesses with sticky names:
Budgy Smuggler’s Adam Linforth
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
Episode 553 – Fit Dad Lifestyle’s Leroy Faure is big on community-building
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.