“Do we really need another social media channel?!” That was the premise I went in to this interview with.
“Yes we do!”, is my view following this chat … on the proviso that it’s easy to manage and provides a commercial return.
The guy who convinced me is Jason Miles – the co-author of the best-seller Pinterest Power, VP of advancement at Seattle’s Northwest University and co-founder (with is wife) 0f Liberty Jane Clothing – a six-figure online business successfully selling designs for doll’s clothes.
As the head marketer for Liberty Jane Clothing, Jason is successfully using Pinterest to drive traffic and rank highly on Google – and in my fireside chat with him, he shares exactly how he’s done it. Jason is also successfully using YouTube and Facebook to market his business, so our conversation naturally strayed in to those two channels as well.
In order to learn how to use Pinterest to market your business, the questions I asked included:
- What do you love about social media?
- Explain what Pinterest is and Why should I care?
- How does it work?
- Can you wrap some numbers around it? When did it start? User profile? Where are they? Who are they?
- Where does it fit amongst Twitter etc?
- What types of businesses is it suited to?
- What’s the secret to using it successfully?
- Step us through how you’re using it to grow your wife’s business? liberty jane clothing
- How could I use it for my show?
PLUS I put it out on the Small Business Big Marketing’s Facebook to find out what you wanted to ask. Your questions included:
- Is it more important just to be active on pinterest, or should you try to promote your own products? Khalana Gocken
- How can a service based small business benefit from Pinterest compared to an ecommerce biz? Bianca Board
- How best to use it to promote products? Gaz Midson
- I have a personal pinterest account, but have neglected it as Im unsure what its all about! I would love to know how it can beneficial to a service business Mac Smerdon
- Why do you think females have been so keen on the take up of Pinterest? Richard Hunniford
- How can manufacturing companies mainly in b2b utilise pinterest? Gavin Hodgins
- I’ve mentioned Pinterest to clients and the response is “what’s that?” or “nooo not another social networking site”. With Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, google plus, the people I talk to are overwhelmed with what’s out there, my question “what’s the benefits that Pinterest offers that differentiates it from other social networks?” Stuart Upward
- Finding stats on people who view your pins and other Pinterest reporting tools? Darryl De Abru
- How do you make sales from it? Jillian Bullock
- is it only suitable to businesses that are visual, such as fashion, art, photography etc? Simone Outeridge
- Is it good for SEO? Danial Archow
- How do you build a following? Davd Newgass
As a result of the interview with Jason, the Small Business Big Marketing show is now on Pinterest.
PLUS in this episode I give a big shout out to the guys at Key Person Of Influence and quietly mention the fact that I’m soon to open up the Small Business Big Marketing Forum.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode.
Netregistry – Check out these three exclusive packages for SBBM Listeners. Each one designed by myself and Netregistry to help get your online marketing sorted.
My interview with Glen Carslon about how to get 500 bums on seats.
My interview with creator of Key Person Of Influence, Daniel Priestly.
Here’s my new website promoting me as a marketing keynote speaker.
Here’s where to join the Small Business Big Marketing Meetup group.
Join the marketing discussion beyond my podcast …
For in-depth marketing discussion, join the Small Business Big Marketing LinkedIn Group.
See the lighter side of marketing on the Small Business Big Marketing Facebook Page.
Receive small business marketing tips on the Small Business Big Marketing Twitter feed.
Leave a review for Small Business Big Marketing in iTunes. It’s a rankings thing ;0)
I’ve personally created these marketing training products in response to listener feedback …
Site Boost – Discover the characteristics of a successful website.
Spotlight – I create an exclusive podcast episode solving the marketing challenges of your business.