From YouTube star to New York barbecue-house owner. That’s the story in a nutshell of today’s guest, Daniel Delaney. Listen in if you’re keen to discover smart restaurant marketing ideas … or how creating helpful marketing on YouTube can open up some amazing opportunities.
SO, if you love nothing more than to chomp on a slab of brisket, you are going to love this week’s chat with Daniel Delaney, the founder of Delaney Barbecue. Daniel knows his way around a piece of meat, but more importantly, he’s brimming with business savvy too. Before starting his twin businesses of BrisketTown, a brisket restaurant, and Smokeline, a mobile brisket vendor, Daniel immersed himself in the food world and became a person of real influence by creating authoritative, engaging video content on YouTube that foodies loved to watch and share.
Do you want to have more influence and authority in your business niche? Do you need a boost of inspiration to make you take action? If so, Daniel has golden words for you throughout every minute of this chat. Let’s waste no time and get stuck right into Episode 216 of Australia’s #1 marketing show!
- 1.45 You don’t have to build your business alone. Lean on the experts at 99Designs and Netregistry for help with design and online marketing.
- 5.30 Introducing barbecue expert, Daniel Delaney. But is his favourite food actually barbecue?
- 8.30 Daniel’s interest in the food business goes right back to his university thesis on the design of mobile food vending.
- 12.45 The powerful idea of doing one thing really well.
- 17.00 The start of content creation for Daniel. How did VendrTV come about?
- 21.00 How did Daniel become an influencer in his business niche?
- 31.00 Moving on from video content exclusively, and knowing when it’s right to move on.
- 35.00 The beginnings of “Brisket Lab” and figuring out how to make a barbecue business work.
- 46.00 Why Daniel loves to move quickly in business.
- 50.45 Daniel’s issues with being a patient leader.
- 52.00 Daniel describes his rigorous process to find the best assistant.
- 60.45 My top 5 learnings from this week’s fireside chat.
- 63.00 Inspirational quote of the week!
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode
- 99Designs design marketplace: For logo design, brochure design, and more. Grab your exclusive listener upgrade at this link.
- Netregistry: Get your online marketing sorted!
- Delaney Barbecue official website
- BrisketTown restaurant website
- Smokeline official website
- MailChimp for professional mailouts
- LaunchRock for website launch pages
- Asana for project management
- Crazy Egg for website heat maps
- Join the The Small Business Big Marketing Forum today!
- Crank My Marketing
My Top 5 Learnings
This week’s top five learnings from my chat with Daniel Delaney:
1. Produce helpful content to become a person of influence. Whether it’s blog posts, podcasts, or an original video series – just start creating.
2. Make sure the content is HD quality. With inexpensive, accessible technology on your smartphone, this is totally doable.
3. Move quickly and take action. Don’t over think things.
4. Shake the can. Make a noise so that your business gets noticed.
Over to you!
Let me know YOUR #1 takeaway from this episode by leaving a comment below.
My guest and myself personally read and respond to every comment.