Tom Willis’s deep respect for marketing has resulted in a business that gets around 350 sign-ups every day, has over 10,000 5-star Google reviews, and four million website visits annually. And no, the business doesn’t have some astronomical marketing budget … It’s a simple legal advisory service for small businesses in Australia. It’s a mind-expanding episode 604, full of proven and inexpensive marketing ideas, of The (13 year-old, award-winning) Small Business Big Marketing podcast with your host Tim Reid.
A little more about Lawpath’s Tom Willis
Tom Willis is the co-founder of Lawpath, a business he started with some mates in 2014, and today Lawpath is the number one online legal platform for Australian small businesses.
In a large part thanks to Tom’s deep understanding of his prospects’ needs Lawpath:
- Is responsible for starting six percent of all companies in Australia
- Has assisted over 300,000 Australian business owners with their legal needs, saving them over $100M in legal fees
- Has 350 businesses sign-up every single day to seek help with contracts, company registrations and legal advice
- Has over 10,000 5-star reviews on Google
- And the website gets over four million visits annually
So, seriously … grab a pen and paper, or open up your Notes app as Tom shares his secrets to success including Lawpath’s:
- Customer acquisition strategy
- His cake method for combining various campaign activities
- How to leverage key partners
- The power of news-jacking
- And why a blog post about driving without shoes became a powerful lead magnet!
I started by asking Tom what problem Lawpath solves for business owners … and I must say, his answer is beautifully to the point … A lesson for us all, right off the bat!!!
Resources mentioned in this episode of your favourite marketing podcast
Services every business owner needs that Timbo recommends
How to generate organic traffic to your website
(without spending anything on advertising)
High converting website designers
(They built this website – take this simple quiz and see where yours needs improving)
DIY SEO training – The most cost-effective way to get on page 1 of Google
(20% off with discount code Timbo20)
Proven customer attraction strategy
(and ridiculously cheap)
The Boomerang Effect
Timbo’s book on how and why to create helpful marketing
Last Week’s Episode of The Small Business Big Marketing Podcast
Businesses that make this podcast possible (please support them)
DELL Technologies – Small business solutions
Studio 1 Design – High converting website designers
Thanks for tuning in. May your marketing be the best marketing.